CAS No. 506-68-3
Catalog No. 655608
Cyanogen Bromide Synonyms:
Bromocyanide; Bromine cyanide; Cyanobromide; Cyanogen monobromide, Cyanobromane;Bromocyanide;bromure cyanic;Bromure cyanique;Cyanbromid;Cyanic bromide;Cyanicbromid;Bromine cyanide;Bromine cyanide;Bromine monocyanide;Bromocyan;Bromocyane;Bromocyanide(BrCN);Bromocyanogen;bromomethanenitrile;Bromure de cyanogen
• reagent in molecular biology
• peptide mapping
• gold extraction and amino acid sequence analysis
• coupling reagent for phosphoramidate or pyrophosphate inter-nucleotide bonds in DNA duplexes.
• used in organic synthesis to prepare cyanamides, dicyanamides, cyanuric bromide, guanidines and hydroxylguanidines
• involved in the von Braun reaction, it gives disubstituted cyanamides by reacting with tertiary amines
• reacts with phenols to give the cyanate esters
Form and Appearance: Crystalline solid
Molecular Weight: 105.92
Specific Gravity: 2.015 @ 20ºC
Boiling Point: 61 – 62ºC
Solubility: Very soluble
Melting Point: 50 – 53ºC
Water Reactive: Not reactive
Density: 2.1±0.1 g/cm3
Vapour Pressure: 184.9±0.1 mmHg at 25°C
Enthalpy of Vaporization: 30.4±3.0 kJ/mol
Flash Point: -9.0±18.7 °C
Index of Refraction: 1.467
Molar Refractivity: 14.3±0.3 cm3
Polarizability: 5.7±0.5 10-24cm3
Surface Tension: 43.3±3.0 dyne/cm
Molar Volume: 51.6±3.0 cm3
Purity/Analysis: 97% minimum by GC
Form and Appearance: Volatile white to light yellow solid. Very sharp penetrating odor
Inorganic cyanide compounds; Inorganic reagent; synthesis of guanidines; synthesis of hydroxyguanidines; synthesis of heterocyclic systems; synthesis of ureas; synthesis of thioureas
Available for immediate shipment in commercial or packaged quantities
It may be used:
• To activate polysaccharides for coupling with erythrocytes.
• As an oxidizing agent in urine thaimine assay.
• In the preparation of 2-amino-5-(2′-thienyl)-1,3,4-oxadiazole.
For peptide cleavage and use in protein immobilization procedures. Reaction with C60Ph5Cl produces a novel phenylated isoquinolino[3′,4′:1,2]fullerene.
CNBr is a halogen halide. Its utility as a condensing agent during chemical ligation of oligodeoxyribonucleotides has been reported. Its threshold photoelectron (TPE) spectrum has been recorded under high resolution. The cryopolymerization of CNBr on irradiation has been investigated.